Citing “people familiar with federal inquiries into the matter,” McClatchy said this is weeks earlier than has been publicly acknowledged previously.
Also, the news service reported, it isn’t known what Mrs. Clinton and lawyer David Kendall did “to fully secure the sensitive data” during the summer months before agreeing this week to turn over their private email server and multiple thumb drives containing the emails.
“But it was apparently not until late June or early July that Clinton’s team consulted with the State Department about whether greater security was needed to safeguard any classified information on the emails,” read the McClatchy report by Greg Gordon, Marisa Taylor and Anita Kumar.
And it was not until Aug. 6 that Mr. Kendall’s thumb drive was taken to the Justice Department from his Washington law-firm office, officials told McClatchy, adding that he may have had it since the previous December.
Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.