President Joe Biden has signed more executive orders and memorandums than any of the last three presidents since coming into office, including eliminating 11,000 American jobs through the Keystone XL Pipeline cancellation and opening our southern border to a new migrant crisis.
He’s refused to call Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, inexcusably covered for the Chinese Communist Party’s extermination of the Uighurs in a CNN town hall and has repeatedly sided with teachers’ unions over our nation’s children in the school reopening debate.
Yet all the mainstream media want to talk about is his early bedtimes and video game-playing prowess.
Such soft coverage does nothing to inform the American people of President Biden’s agenda and stands in stark contrast to how former President Donald J. Trump was portrayed as a villain for more than four years. Try similar headlines — as I’ve outlined below — featuring the Trump family. You won’t.
There’s a reason why, for the first time ever, fewer than half of all Americans have trust in the mainstream media. Below are the most ludicrous stories “journalists” have covered during the Biden administration, which demonstrate how far they’re willing to go to promote their preferred candidate in the court of public opinion. State-run media couldn’t do it any better.
- CNN: “Inside the new President’s routine: Oval Office fires and early bedtimes – President Biden has expressed a preference for a fire built in the Oval Office fireplace, and sometimes adds a log himself to keep it going. Unlike his recent predecessors, he’s more of an early-to-bed type.”
- Newsweek: “Joe Biden, playing as Luigi, wins in Mario Kart race against granddaughter at Camp David.”
- The Washington Post: “Power Up: Scrunchies and dog walking: the country gets a taste of Jill Biden’s radical normalcy.”
- Politico: “In Biden’s White House, surprise visits with staff replace late-night tweets; Trump preferred seemingly aimless days at the White House, Biden has a carefully crafted schedule, but the pandemic has curbed his facetime with people.”
- Curbed: “Biden Blue comes to the White House: How will the First Families design sensibility reshape their new place?”
- The Associated Press: “Pets are back: Biden’s 2 dogs settle in at White House…. Major is the first shelter dog to ever live in the White House and ‘barking proof that every dog can live the American dream,’ the [Delaware Humane] association said.”
- Politico: “’It just symbolizes everything,’: Bidens bring presidential PDA back to the White House; Historians and relationship experts agree: The first couple’s romantic gestures aren’t just genuine – they’re restorative.”
- Reuters: “Church and bagels to go: Biden’s first White House Sunday.”
- The New York Times: “Joe Biden and Kamala Harris make meaning the hottest inaugural fashion trend; A new American story told clearly and concisely in clothes.”
- E! Online: “All the time Joe Biden’s love for ice cream melted our hearts.”
Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.