1. No to velayat-e faqih (absolute clerical rule); Yes to people’s sovereignty in a pluralist republic based on universal suffrage;
2. Freedom of speech, political parties, assemblies, the press, and the internet; dissolution and disbanding of the Revolutionary Guards (IRGC), the terrorist Quds Force, plainclothes agents, the unpopular Bassij, the Ministry of Intelligence (MOIS), Council of the Cultural Revolution, and all of the suppressive patrols and institutions in cities, villages, schools, universities, offices, and factories;
3. Commitment to individual and social freedoms and rights in accordance with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights; dissolution of all agencies in charge of censorship and inquisition; seeking justice for the massacred political prisoners, prohibition of torture, and abolishment of the death penalty;
4. Separation of religion and state, and freedom of religions and faiths;
5. Complete gender equality in political, social, cultural, and economic rights, and equal participation of women in political leadership; abolishment of any form of discrimination; the right to choose one’s clothing, and to marriage, divorce, education, and employment; prohibition of all forms of exploitation against women under any pretext;
6. Independent judiciary and legal system in accordance with international standards based on presumption of innocence, the right to defense, the right to appeal, and the right to be tried in a public court; full independence of judges; abolishment of the mullahs’ Sharia law and dissolution of revolutionary courts;
7. Autonomy and removal of dual injustices against Iranian nationalities and ethnicities in alignment with the NCRI’s plan for the autonomy of Iranian Kurdistan;
8. Justice and equal opportunities in the realms of employment and entrepreneurship for all of the people in Iran in a free market economy; restoration of the rights of blue-collar workers, farmers, nurses, white-collar workers, teachers and retirees;
9. Protection and restoration of the environment that has been massacred under the rule of the mullahs;
10. A non-nuclear Iran devoid of weapons of mass destruction; peace, co-existence, and international and regional cooperation.
Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.