• Qatar does not, has not and will never support terrorism or finance any terrorist groups. They work closely with their allies to act on their commitment to defeat terrorism. The same cannot be said for the blockading nations.
• Qatar works extensively with the US to support international counterterrorism efforts, engaging with agencies including the State Department, the US Department of Treasury, the Department of Justice, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
• Qatar is an active participant in the American-led coalition against Daesh, and host America’s most important military facility in the Middle East at Al Udeid Air Base, from which strikes against terrorist targets are launched.
• Qatar actively participates in a number of international coalitions and organizations dedicated to combatting terrorism, including the Global Coalition to Defeat Daesh, INTERPOL, the Global Counter Terrorism Forum and the Financial Action Task Force.
• The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed by the State of Qatar and the United States builds on the long history of cooperation and partnership between the US and Qatar and goes further than any other GCC country in efforts to interdict terrorism financing.
• Qatar is tackling the root causes of terrorism: hopelessness. Their programs for education and economic development are offering hope for a better future to young and old alike.
Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.