NEWARK, N.J. — Police say a New Jersey man found his wife and a car mechanic dead of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.
Kahali Johnson tells WABC-TV he found the bodies about 9 p.m. Tuesday at a parking garage in Newark.
Johnson says he smelled a strong odor of gas, and he traced the source to a running vehicle in the garage. It was there where police say he found his wife, 39-year-old Tameka Hargrave, and the male mechanic.
Police say their deaths are under investigation but it appears to be accidental.
The mechanic’s name has not been released.
Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.