- The Washington Times
Monday, August 20, 2018

On Monday, Rudolph Giuliani demanded former CIA Director John Brennan follow through on his threat to sue President Trump over revoked security clearances.


The president also called out Mr. Brennan Monday morning, saying it would be easy to prove the former CIA director worked with the Mueller investigation.

“I hope John Brennan, the worst CIA Director in our country’s history, brings a lawsuit,” he tweeted.

During an interview on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Mr. Brennan said he met with lawyers to discuss courses of legal action he could pursue to push back against Mr. Trump’s clearance crackdown.

“If my clearances and my reputation as I’m being pulled through the mud now, if that’s the price we’re going to pay to prevent Donald Trump from doing this against other people, to me, it’s a small price to pay,” Mr. Brennan said.

The war of words between Mr. Trump and Mr. Brennan reached a fever pitch last week when the president revoked Mr. Brennan’s security clearance, accusing him of using his access for political gain. 

Mr. Brennan has recently leveraged his status as a former high-ranking official with access to highly sensitive information to make a series of unfounded and outrageous allegations — wild outbursts on the Internet and television — about this administration,” Mr. Trump said. 

Mr. Brennan fired back the next day in a New York Times op-ed, saying there is no question that the president is guilty of collusion.

Mr. Trump’s claims of no collusion are, in a word, hogwash,” Mr. Brennan wrote. ”Mr. Trump clearly has become more desperate to protect himself and those close to him, which is why he made the politically motivated decision to revoke my security clearance in an attempt to scare into silence others who might dare to challenge him.”


Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.