- The Washington Times
Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Fire officials in Kansas say a man ran into his home as it was engulfed in flames — to save his Xbox.

In the middle of the night, the unnamed man woke up to find himself within a fire caused by a broken electrical junction box, a local station reported. The man ran outside but then turned around when he realized his gaming system was left behind.

Paramedics treated the individual for smoke inhalation, the station reported. His house suffered $80,000 in damages, though he was able to recover the Xbox.

SEE ALSO: Dad buys $750 Xbox One from eBay, gets photo of the console instead

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.