- The Washington Times
Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Hewlett-Packard, the struggling U.S. computer giant recently contracted to take over Healthcare.gov, plans to slash 5,000 more jobs than previously announced.

HP will eliminate 34,000 positions by the end of its fiscal year next October, “due to continued market and business pressures,” said a document dated on Monday and filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Reuters reported.


That will add 15 percent to HP’s one-time costs for the move, recording a charge of $4.1 billion in 2014, up from its prior estimate of $3.6 billion, Reuters said.


SEE ALSO: HHS dumping Verizon for Hewlett-Packard to host HealthCare.gov


HP is striving to get back to growth through job cuts and shifting away from PCs to mobile devices.


Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.