LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) — A Georgia man is suing a Louisiana doughnut shop over claims that his father died of an allergic reaction after eating an apple fritter made with walnut flour.
The federal suit claims the business was negligent for selling Brian Allen Sr. an apple fritter without any warning that it was made with walnut flour. The suit says Allen was allergic to walnuts and died after eating the doughnut at his hotel room.
The 50-year-old Atlanta man’s son - Brian Allen Jr., of Norcross, Georgia - is seeking unspecified damages from the business and its insurer.
The company didn’t immediately respond to a call seeking comment.
Copyright © 2017 The Washington Times, LLC.