-
Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani declared the Islamic Republic could quit the “nuclear deal” negotiated with the Obama administration within hours if the United States imposes any more sanctions. The Trump administration issued more penalties against the real Islamic state, the Islamic Republic of Iran, earlier this month due to continued missile tests which are soon to provide Iran with the capability to deliver a nuclear payload.  

“If America wants to go back to the experience (of imposing sanctions), Iran would certainly return in a short time - not a week or a month but within hours - to conditions more advanced than before the start of negotiations,” Mr. Rouhani told a session of parliament broadcast live on state television, reported CNBC.

Of course, the nuclear “deal” which then-President Obama allowed to move forward essentially gives Iran the bomb in a few years and also freed up over $100 billion for the world’s greatest sponsor of terrorism to fund terror and threaten Israel for decades to come.  It was never about stopping Iran from getting the bomb.

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, said recently the regime should be held accountable for, “its missile launches, support for terrorism, disregard for human rights, and violations of U.N. Security Council resolutions … Iran cannot be allowed to use the nuclear deal to hold the world hostage … The nuclear deal must not become ‘too big to fail’.”

 “The world has clearly seen that under Trump, America has ignored international agreements and, in addition to undermining the (nuclear deal), has broken its word on the Paris agreement and the Cuba accord … and that the United States is not a good partner or a reliable negotiator,” said Mr. Rouhani.

So Iran will quit the nuclear deal, that is, after they get the money. But wasn’t that the plan all along?



Copyright © 2017 The Washington Times, LLC.